ISQsolutions policy requires us to close port 1433 of MS SQL Server to inbound connections from outside of our network.
To connect to the MS SQL 2000 Server through enterprise manager, please follow these steps:
- Open SQL Server Client Network Utility
- Click 'Alias',
- Click 'Add'
- In Network Library select 'TCP/IP'
- server Alias type the desire name. ( ISQ-SQL )
- server name type the host address of the sql server listed in the hosting manager under databases main tab
- Un-check Dynamically determine port and then type 3434 as port.
- click 'OK', click 'Apply', Click 'OK'.
Now open the SQL Enterprise Manager.
- right click 'SQL Server Group' and select 'New SQL Server registration'
- click 'Next'.
- select the alias server listed and click 'Add'
- select SQL login and complete the wizard.
*be aware that this policy only affect inbound connections from outside of our network, your application web can connect to the sql server through the standard port ( 1433 ).